Natural and Effective Neck Pain Treatment in Mill Creek
Stop Living with Neck Pain
The neck is a funny thing, we use it constantly but take it for granted—not seeing how amazing it is until there’s a problem. If you are experiencing pain from an acute injury, overuse, or unresolved stress in your life, there are ways to stop the pain and prevent it from reoccurring. If you live in Mill Creek, try visiting Amazing Life Chiropractic and Wellness for an alternative to living with neck pain.
What Really Causes Neck Pain
There are two types of injuries that cause pain in the neck—acute injuries, like from an auto accident or muscle pull or strain, and “overuse” situations. Let’s look at the varied causes of overuse injuries:
- Stress causing tightness in the neck and upper back
- Working in a sedentary environment, such as at a desk or on a computer all day with little or no breaks
- Osteo-arthritis, or degenerative joint disease usually caused by age and the wearing down of connective tissue and cartilage that can lead to bone spurs
- Compressed, bulging or herniated disks
Over time, most of these cause pain, an increase muscle tightness, the inability to move or swivel your head, headaches, and numbness or tingling. When experiencing any of these symptoms, its recommended that you visit someone for an evaluation or assessment.
How is Neck Pain Diagnosed and Treated
When visiting a chiropractor for neck pain, your provider will gather information through physical examination and lifestyle assessment. He or she may use advanced diagnostic testing, such as x-rays, MRI or CT scans. If it is determined that further evaluation or intervention is needed, your chiropractic provider will refer you to a medical doctor if appropriate.
Depending on the type of injury, a chiropractor may use a range of treatment alternatives, including:
- Cervical manipulation to ease the pain and loosen any pinched nerves
- Exercises to promote rehabilitation
- Massage therapy
- Ice/heat therapy
How to Prevent Recurring or Non-Emergent Neck Pain
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! Haven’t we all heard that old adage…and in this case it is often true. Many of us are living a very sedentary lifestyle; hours seated looking at screens, either computer monitors, handheld screens, or TVs. Try some of these techniques and just get up and move:
- Good posture
- Ergonomic work environment/evaluation
- Full body stretching while seated during the day
- Take frequent breaks and walk around
- Stop tucking the phone between your chin and shoulder
- Good sleeping position with proper head support
You want to take good care of your neck and prevent problems that will haunt you as you get older. Keeping the muscles strong through a solid exercise program and good nutrition will pay big dividends in the future as well.
All of us at Amazing Life Chiropractic and Wellness wish you health and freedom of movement. Please to contact us at our Mill Creek Location for more tips on body mechanics and nutrition, as well as to discuss the natural and healthy benefits of chiropractic manipulation.